Shortly after the Club’s founding in 1902, its members decided to build a clubhouse.  They funded the purchase of four empty lots on Blithedale Avenue by selling shares for $10 each, then hired renowned local architect Bernard Maybeck to design the building.  Completed in 1904, the OAC clubhouse is a classic example of Arts and Crafts architecture that has been designated a historical landmark by the State of California and is recorded in the National Register of Historic Places.  Its total cost – including Maybeck’s fee – was $3,315.