Located in downtown Mill Valley, the Outdoor Art Club is a private, nonprofit women’s organization founded in 1902. Inspired by the “City Beautiful” urban design movement of the 1890’s, its 35 founding members sought to promote the civic value of public parks and natural outdoor spaces in Mill Valley. Today, our members continue to advocate for conservation and open space preservation while also supporting the cultural arts and other civic endeavors that enhance the vitality of Mill Valley’s community. Membership in the club is through sponsorship by a current member.
The Outdoor Art Club’s clubhouse was designed in 1904 by renowned architect Bernard Maybeck and is a Registered Historical Landmark. It is available for rental by the public.